Saturday, November 28, 2009

Mano Erina Otome No Inori (English Translation)


I want to come out of the Story of Genji
In the plains that have collected dust
Under the cherry blossom tree
You stopped moving
I don’t know… if I should tap your shoulder,
would you listen to me?

Ah… just what is this thing on my chest called?
My beating heart just had to be happy.
Ah… I cried when awoke this morning
The dream I saw was an illusion of my first love

“The memories will be precious” you said
The habit of hearing
your clear voice…

One day I want to live in the same town with you
but
For me to be myself, I have to stay here
In April I will leave this town
Everything I see will teach me something…
Ah…since childhood, every time
I would walk, I’ve been looking for that arm

In order to wear a juunihitoe* it has to be a
glamorous spring
This spring is the best, it’s an unforgettable spring.

Ah… good signs will come to you, tomorrow,
Beyond that trail of that cloud
Ah… a maiden’s prayer is a strong power that’s protecting you from far away

“The memories will be precious” you said
The habit of hearing
your clear voice…

*a “juunihitoe” is a twelve-layered ceremonial kimono that was mostly worn by court-ladies. Google/wikipedia is your friend.

Translated by Yusa@JPopasia.

2 comments:

  1. It's great to see a translation of a Mano song. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh by the way I've made a sub based on this translation and posted it on Youtube. I've credited Yusa with the translation but also put a thank you in to this blog too.

    ReplyDelete